Hotels in Maldives - Information you should know before your booking
Tourist Visas requirements:
Tourist visas for 30 days will be issued on arrival only and are free of charge to all visitors in possession of valid travel documents (passports must be valid till at least 06 months later than departure date). Click here for complete information
Note that the possession of valid passports, and / or other travel documents is under the complete liability of the clients. Liabiliy of GUNA Travel for the failure of any client to observe the law of the Maldivian Government during the visit is excluded.
We strongly recommend all our clients to get a full trip insurance package. Insurance which includes cancellation and trip interruption, emergency medical expenses, baggage insurance and personal effects, flight or travel accident. If you do not have your own insurance please e-mail us and we will give you our offer through our contract with ERV insurance company (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG - one of the leading travel insurance companies)
* There are two hospitals in Maldives, the Indhira Gandhi Memorial Hospital and the ADK private hospital.
* First-aid facilities are available on all resort islands.
* A decompression chamber is accessible in Malé in case of diving emergencies. Medical treatment in the Maldives can be very expensive and comprehensive health insurance is recommended.
* Normally, no vaccinations are required by the Maldives authorities. However, if you are from a Central African nation or South American, or if you have traveled through these areas to get to Maldives you need to have a valid certificate indicating that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever. If not you do not need any specific vaccination certificates to get into the Maldives. If you want to be extra careful, do consult your personal physician for his recommendations.
Airports in Maldives:
There are 5 Airports in Maldives and this list covers all these 5 Maldives Airports.
* Male international airport on Male Island.
* Gan Airport a=on Gan Island at Addu Atoll.
* Kaadedhdhoo Airport on Kaadedhdhoo Island
* Hanimmadhoo Airport on Hanimaadhoo Island
* Kadhdhoo Airport on Kadhdhoo Island
Information about the transfer from/to the resort:
* Transfer by speedboat is available 24 hours per day (except in times with bad weather)
* It can take from 10 minutes till 2 hours time.
* Night transfer is possible.
* No luggage limitations for this type of transfer
* The duration for sea plane transfer can be from 20 minutes till 1 hour time.
* No night transfer by sea plane is possible.
* Arrival transfer : available the same day only if your international flight arrives in Male till latest 15:30 (local time).~
If you arrive in Male later than 15:30 , then you must overnight in a hotel in Male or Hulhumale.
* Departure transfer: available the same day with your international flight only if your international flight departs from Male earliest 09:00 in
the morning. If your departure flight is before 09:00 , you must overnight in Male or Hulhumale island
* The maximum luggage allowance is 20kg per person
* Some resorts require a domestic flight from Male airport to Hanimaadhoo or Gan airport to be reached.
* Luggage allowance is maximum 20 kg per person.
Further information at http://www.airports.com.mv/
Information you have to know during your stay in the resort:
Check in time:
Your room is available for you from 14:00 on your arrival date. If you want to take your room earlier please arrange it upon arrival. For a guarantee early check in, you have to book one additional night
Your have to leave your room at 12:00 on your departure date. If you want a late check out , please arrange it with your resort’s reception desk. For a guarantee late check out, you have to book one additional night.
Meal Plan Options:
All meals are arranged at each resort’s main restaurant and most of the times they are in buffet form. Some resorts offer you the possibility to enjoy your lunch or dinner in one of the a-la-carte restaurants with a special arrangement.
Meal plan supplement must be the same for each room for all overnights in the reservation.
If you have booked your accommodation with BB, HB or FB please note that drinks are not included.
BB = Bed and Breakfast (drinks not included unless mentioned)
HB = Halfboard. Breakfast and Dinner (drinks not included unless mentioned). A lot of the resorts gives you the possibility to change dinner to lunch. Please contact the reception.
FB = Full board. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner(drinks not included unless mentioned).
ALL = All inclusive. Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner and a big list of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. A lot of resorts by All Inclusive Meal plan offer tea breaks and small snacks during the day. More information at each hotel’s page.
* Infants age is till 02 years old.
* Most of the resorts don’t allow children ( for some resorts 11 years old and for some other 12 years old.) in water villas and water bungalows for safety reasons. You can take the responsibility for their security by signing a disclaimer note.
* The rates displayed on our Online Hotel Reservation Engine or on our individual offer e-mail, are only available when you make your reservation with GUNA Travel.
If you would like to reserve your room direkt with the hotel, you will have to contact the hotel direkt.
* Do not forget to read our booking and cancelation conditions. When you make your reservation with GUNA Travel, means that you accept those conditions.
* Your personal data is secured. All information and credit cards details are submitted through a secure server and encrypted.
* With effect from 01 January 2012, a new airport tax will be payable by all passengers departing from Male. The charge will be $25.00 per departing international passenger (age 2 years and above). The tax can be paid by cash or credit card.
* If "free nights" are included in your reservation , please note that there is an extra charge of USD 8 per day and per person for these free nights. This charge is payable direkt to the hotel.
* Infants under 2 years pay a fixed rate of USD 8 per night directly to the hotel.
You can pay either
* by creditcard (Visa, Master or AMEX) . Our site and Online Hotel Booking System are hosted to a secure server. All information given to us will be encrypted. In case that you do not feel comfortable to give your cards details through our website , you can request a secure payment link from us ...
Please note that we do not have any extra charge fee with payment via creditcards.
* by cash deposit to our company's bank accounts. Complete information you can get at our Online Hotel Booking System or you can request them by e-mail.
General Booking Conditions :
For the booking following details are necessary:
* Correct guests' names they way they are written in the passports
* Arrival and departure flight details (flight number and arrival / departure
* for reservations made at least 1 month before check in date there will be a
deadline of 2 working days for changes or cancelations.
* for reservations made less than 1 month before check in date we can not give
any deadline and full payment is required.
After the "free cancellation" deadline the following cancellation fees will apply:
Cancellation until 30 days before arrival: 30% cancellation fees of the total amount.
Cancellation between 29 days and 16 days before arrival: 50% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 15 days and 08 days before arrival: 65% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 07 days and 04 days before arrival: 80% cancellation fees
Cancellation between 03 days before arrival and arrival day/noon: 90% cancellation fees
Changes or cancellations after arrival date/noon or check in are NOT possible !
Payment policy for bookings made AT LEAST 1 month before check in date:
Till the end of the cancellation deadline, we will need 30% prepayment of the total booking amount.
* The rest payment of 70% is necessary latest one month before check in date.
Payment policy for bookings made LESS than 1 month before check in date:
* Full payment is required at the time of confirmation
Payments are possible either by bank transfer to one of our company bank accounts in Germany
or through Credit Card (Master, Visa) with no extra charge.
The Hotel Voucher and the original invoice will be issued after receipt of the total payment.
GUNA Travel - The smart way to travel.